FULL TIME GENERAL MANAGER
ABOUT THE ROLE
Astro Lab Brewing is a micro-brewery with a retail taproom located in the heart of the Metro DC area. We opened 3.5 years ago and have quickly become synonymous with fresh, high quality, innovative hop-forward beers.
There is a passion for craft in everything that we do and we are committed to being local, inclusive and an integral part of our neighborhood. Through outstanding service, attention to detail and focus on providing great beer, our taproom has become a community hub and we have ambitious goals for 2022 to increase customer count and make it a sought out destination for beer drinkers located throughout the DMV and Mid-Atlantic region.
Astro Lab Brewing seeks an experienced and passionate GM. This individual will be highly motivated, capable and goal oriented to help us reach ambitious growth targets. This position reports directly to the Founders and will supervise a minimum of 10 people.
The GM reports to the Co-Founders and will play a key role in managing all taproom operations, developing an outstanding service culture, a talented team and strategically executing a plan to grow customer counts and drive sales.
• Overall oversight and management of Taproom operations and Brewery events.
• Oversee administrative tasks such as maintain guest communications (voicemails, emails, reservations), reconcile daily cash drops, manage the tip pool, respond to customer reviews and feedback, maintain the POS system, approve timesheets etc.
• Maintain tap room menus, create marketing materials and make sure Team Members are aware of all current promotions and events.
• Monitor inventory and order all necessary tap room, retail and kitchen supplies in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with Co-Founders to identify new merchandise items and manage the ordering & inventory process.
• Ensure that opening and closing procedures are being completed daily.
• Set and maintain standards for food service presentation.
• Monitor food preparation and food handling to ensure staff are following general food handling safety practices.
• Support Founders in the creation and maintenance of written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the Taproom & Retail area.
• Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services as needed.
• Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for our guests at all times
• Ensure consistency with quality service of our beer, including tap line cleaning & proper glassware.
• Coordinate with Founders for scheduling of beer releases, events, group tours, etc
SALES and FINANCIALS
• Working with Co-founders to develop weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals, strategies and targeted events.
• Strategic planning and execution of taproom events targeted at increasing customer count and driving sales growth.
• Analyzing sales and profitability to determine successes and opportunities for growth.
• Providing Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly reporting to Co-Founders related to goals and targets.
• Manage day-to-day scheduling of all FOH staff, anticipate restaurant staffing needs; including recruiting, interviewing, hiring, on-boarding, training, motivating & retaining team members
• Develop and identify deficits and talent in employees, and oversee annual performance reviews of all FOH & BOH employees
• Create an inclusive and positive work environment; encourage and solicit feedback
• Enforce company policies, including swiftly addressing coaching moments, taking disciplinary action when needed, and ensure accurate and objective documentation.
• Coordinate and conduct regular meetings such as pre-shift or all staff meetings, monthly safety meetings, and seek out team building opportunities
• Assist Founders with implementation of ongoing Team Member training so they may educate our guests about our brand, sensory notes, etc. to enhance their beer experience in the Taproom & Retail area.
• Create a work environment that encourages ownership and accountability, and maintains the highest standards of beverage and food service.
• Ensure adherence and compliance of Team Members with regard to all applicable liquor laws while on the job.bers.
• Attend weekly leadership meetings, and quarterly work sessions with the goal of establishing and achieving both financial goals and overall company goals
• Provide recommendations for process improvements, service improvements, increased profitability and staff performance
• Perform other duties as requested and as business dictates. As a small and growing business, this job description is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
Requirements & Expectations:
• 3-5 years in craft beer or hospitality management.
• Highly organized with demonstrated proficiency in Google Business Suite. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
• Retail point of sales system knowledge and experience highly recommended.
• Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures including sanitary handling of beverages, food and potentially hazardous chemicals and materials.
• Willingness to work holidays, nights and weekends as a regular work schedule.
• Must thrive working independently and demonstrate a desire to contribute to the growth and development of a small craft brewery.
• Demonstrate a positive personality and ability to inspire and motivate others.
• Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 55 pounds or more, moving 170lb kegs, and extended amounts of physical activity with prolonged standing and talking.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or equivalent professional experience.
• Cicerone Certified Beer Server® required within 90 days of hire.
• A willingness to perform other cross-functional duties as required.
We offer a generous total compensation package for the right individual. Starting salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include quarterly performance related bonuses, paid time-off, Manager Meal allowance and Beer Discounts.
Applicants will be considered until the position is filled. If you think that we will be a great fit for each other, Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.